Saturday, July 05, 2008

Children punished for refusing to kneel in class and pray to Allah...........

Oh yes - this got me going!!!
I am not racist by any stretch of the imagination - I despise racism in any form - but I would not be happy if this had been my children forced to do this either.
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with my children learning about different religions and their practices - it encourages understanding and respect for other religious beliefs.
I DO have a problem with anyone being forced to pray to a 'God' that is not of their own religious belief especially children where parents/guardians were not consulted that a 'practice session' would be included.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1031784/Schoolboys-punished-detention-refusing-kneel-pray-Allah.html

No comments: