Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Don't shove it up your a**! Loving pets too much? Darwins law? An honest lawyer (not 2 words you normally see together in one sentence!)

They will look there!
Oh yes - a man stupid enough to say he did not have a camera - after being arrested on suspicion of taking pics of a nude woman in a tanning salon.
He was searched! Thoroughly! They found the camera - in the form of his cell phone - 'hidden' in his anus!
Whilst your eyes are watering ................. just hope he did not have a blackberry!
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0623081phone1.html

We all love our pets - but WTF???!!!!!
In a couple of snippets that caught my eye this week so far - pets........... we love them - we care for them - we treat them as our own - but to commit a crime because of them????

The first one that caught my eye was a 35 year old man - whose skunk had been killed by his mother's dog - tied and taped her up - after hitting her with a club - and apparently also a 14 yr old disabled boy in her care. He has been charged with 2 counts of kidnapping and domestic battery.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,370485,00.html

The other one being a guy that fired a crossbow at his neighbor. Now for me to want to do this - it would have to be somebody trying to abduct one of my kids or any other child - and that was my only chance of stopping them (Mama Bear Syndrome). This was over an argument about a dog - not his own dog - the neighbors dog!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080623/ap_on_fe_st/odd_crossbow_arrest;_ylt=Avi9dTPdgOkrSSGc1XyFnAus0NUE


Darwin sometimes fails!
A man shot himself in the head and survived - after firing a gun in the air several times in support of his friend being in a bar fight.
Apparently the bullet didn't (or is that couldn't!) penetrate the bone!
http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/675554.html


Daniel L. Bibb - an honest lawyer!
Believing that 2 imprisoned men were not guilty - he was told by his bosses to go into court to defend the sentences anyway - he did - and lost - purposely!
There are many arguments going on as to whether he was right to do so or not - after all it was his job. If that job leads you to the choice between obligation to your job or obligation to your conscience - I know which one I would choose.
I can say this with a little bit of personal knowledge. There are many times I could have kept a patient on my list and made a nice earner from them - my conscience does not allow me to. They come for help for various reasons and if I know that I cannot help them - whether it be because of something as simple as a personality clash/patient cannot open up sufficiently/not my field - then I refer them immediately to someone who can possibly do the job better. Being able to sleep at night is of a lot more need than money.
I admire immensely what Daniel L. Bibb did - especially in his field it takes courage and a great deal of moral integrity.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/23/nyregion/23da.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1&hp&oref=slogin




No comments: